How do I tell me parents?

I just found out I was pregnant with my ex's child - 1 month about. Me and him don't get a long at all anymore and I want nothing to do with him, he's a child himself. I have no idea how to tell him, or when to tell him. And my parents hate him and now I'm pregnant with his kid and he's gonna be in my life forever if I decided to proceed with it all the way. I have no idea how to tell them! I really don't think I'm ready for a child right now, but I don't think I really have a choice. It's not the unborn child's fault for my stupidity. I have one year left of school, and no current job, and really no money. I'm in a state of complete and utter confusion....I need advice, anything anyone can give me, please.

ConfusedSmiley

Asked by ConfusedSmiley at 12:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well please don't get ride of it i never thought i would make it but some how u just do...if anything give it up for adoption and i was scared to tell my parents at first too so they just found out from talk and i guess i wish i told them straight out if u need someone to talk to add me i feel ur pain
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• abortions dont go away...thats something i learned the hard way. i had one when i was 22 and i haunted me every day for a long time. its not something thats on my mind everyday, but more than not. my sister had both of her kids before she was 20. i wont lie and say her life has been glamorous, because its been a struggle, but i look at her kids and im so happy she had them. they have made all the difference in our lives. now im a mom myself, happy to never have to deal with my ex-jerk from my first pregnancy...which he was already my ex when i found i was pregnant too, but this time around, im alot older and my sister is my sole inspiration. be honest with your parents. all parents flip at first, especially when youre young and not married, but they all learn to love their grandchildren. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Do what you need to do to get though this. If you don't think you can live with a particular choice then it's a surefire sign not to pick that choice. I would never tell you what to do in a situation like this. Sit down and make a huge list of pros and cons and try to work this out with yourself. And make plans to be in this on your own, but always welcome support.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• honestly this is no excuse i had my babies young and ur fault is the father of ur unborn child needs some growing up but why would u ever try to make something work if it didnt an be smart use your head if you arent in the greatest part of your life wouldnt u thaught about using some type of protection to prevent this from happening honestly its ur own fault dont tell him move on and deal with it for your babies sake an telling your family is good they will either support you or not u decided to lay there now you pay 18 years u need to be a ro model for that child step up find a job finish up school all before that baby is due all of us been there but acting sad and miserable aint getting u no place smarten up an look at it as a learning experience!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• my friend had her first baby at 15. She got on birth control after the baby was born and she got pregnant again had that baby at 16. And she purposely had her last one at 18. She had 3 kids all born by the time she was 18. She did it very well, but she did struggle at times. You can do it! It may be the hardest thing you do in your life but it will put a smile on your face when you see him/her born and as they grow and you teach them.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• To ohmama213- She needs to tell the father, no matter her feelings towards him. That baby is as much his child as it is hers. And he has a responsibility to that child, too.

OP-I know it's hard to tell your parents. Hell, I was 20 when I told my parents I was preg with DS, and I still took a while to get up the guts to tell them. But once you tell them, it will be less stress on you. You don't need the stress when you are pregnant. Being a mom isn't easy, but it is such an amazing experience. Hopefully your parents will be supportive and help you out.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My sd just came to dh and I the morning after she found out. We at first didn't say much cause it needed to sink in first. By that evening we were fine and able to support her when she told the rest of the family. NO ONE can make any decisions for you. You have 3 choices and that is up to you. Just remember that what ever your choice is, you will live with it for the rest of your life. Keep your chin up and don't be afraid of your parents. They just might suprise you and be very suppotive! Good luck!
    sara13178

Answer by sara13178 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2009