State to mom: Stop baby-sitting neighbors' kids.

This is the most ridiculous thing. This woman is only watching the children in the mornings before school, and some snotty neighbor decided to snitch on her for god knows why. Daycare is outrageous, and besides. Who's going to send their kids to daycare in the mornings only to wait on the bus? That's not going to work anyway. Do you agree with this? Link below.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• its outragiouse. She probably snitched because shes a daycare provider and figured she was hurting her buissness.
    im sorry but id rather a stay at home mom watch my baby then some big daycare center. i dont support daycare centers sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Wow. That is so ridiculous. I am not at all surprised. Our country/government always focuses on the dumb sh*t instead of the things that need to be fixed. These children are not the governments children, their damn mothers can decide who watches them. She wasn't even being paid. In the case of something happening i guess things can get sticky, but how many people do this on a daily basis? People trade babysitting like this and depend on it b/c nobody has any freakin money in this economy.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• This is ridiculous. Here I am a single mother with no help and no way to pay for daycare and no ones has hired me yet because I dont have daycare. I wish there were more ppl like this women.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yes I ran into that problem too, being threatened about watching other kids in my home. You actually have to be licensed to watch a certain number of kids, or for a certain number of hours. I think it varies state to state. It is ridiculous and I don't think I know of many people who are going to go out and get licensed just to watch a neighbors kids for a few hours.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i worked in a daycare and to be honest my experience from that, i would never and i mean NEVER take my children to one...thats why im a stay at home mom.....and i dont see a problem with someone watching the neighbors children..heck i watch my neighbors kid if they have to run and do something whats this world coming to
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 1:54 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Wonder what the neighbor's complaint about. Where the kids becomes unruly before and after school?  There always two sides to every story.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yep, that story is from my home state. Luckily, it sounds Governer Granholm is trying to do something about it. When did it become a crime to be a good neighboor? Sheesh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• She ought to just tell the stat to go piss up a tree. Damn big brother!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Wow! Last year, I took my neighbors kid every Wednesday from about 9 or 10 until 5 PM. My kids were happy to have someone to play with, and her mom didn't have to make complicated arrangements with her work.

We need less intrusive laws in this country.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:54 AM on Sep. 30, 2009