Pagans -Where do you keep your altar?

Also, is it round, square, oval? lol what?
Do you have more then one?
If you involve your children do they have one for them as well?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We made such a cool altar! We took a small fridge, like dorm size, stripped the inside and the coils off so it's basically just a box. We decorated the outside. We keep all of our ritual items inside when not in use. It lies at the foot of our bed on its back with the door pointing up (like a chest). We cover it with a blanket when not in use.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My altar sits on a shelf thing next to my bed.

Just have the one. My children dont do any rituals with me yet as I usually do them after they are asleep so I can concentrate/focus better. If they want their own one day...fine, but not now. They havent chosen their path yet
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I have on that is on top of an enclosed book case that is for every day use. My ritual one is kept off to the side covered until it is needed. The every day one has a pentacle made out of wood, incense, candles and crystals and feathers and shells

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• im sorry but i guess i dont know what u guys are talkin about....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't know that it qualifies as an altar per se, but i have a 12"x12" satin cloth on my dresser. I put candles and incense out on it when I meditate. I keep various crystals on the window ledge above it and most recently added a small statue of Bastet. I just like the statue because I love cats and have a certain draw towards Egyptian things.I'll have to research some on Bast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't have any-one set alter... I have a square table/used tv stand in my bdrm that I use for prayers I also store my books, cauldron and basker of supplies under it...
    I use my buffet as a yr round alter decorated for the Sabaths and seasons...there are candles, incenses/burners and cloth on it... a drawer holds my Goddess statue and other supplies ..
    But for large rituals I use my livingroom floor... I use a small step stool to hold all of the supplies needed at the time including my BOS... (the room is large) and this gives me the room needed ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My altar is in the living room on top of a bookcase. It is pretty much a focal point of the living room. I have a goddess statue, a picture of a statue of Nike, a goddess candle holder, candles (red, white, and black), conch shell, a wooden snake my son and husband made, incense, a picture of a tiger (my totem animal), and right now some leaves. I light the incense every day and the candles most days when I get home and keep them burning all day on Sunday.
    NewDay810

Answer by NewDay810 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I do not have "an alter" I take it down and put it up as needed. Because of me husbands beliefs I can't keep it up. Also because there really isn't anywhere in the house to leave it that it won't get trashed. So at the moment I simply use a small table and take it where I can when I need one. I am in the process of trying to find a good steamer trunk. WHen I do this will serve as my alter as well as my place to keep all my goodies out of reach of everyone else. But until then I generally use my dresser top or a small table or something temporary.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't keep an altar up, and to be honest, I haven't even set one up for an esbat in a while. I just don't have the space in my house.

Once in a great while, I'll light a candle and some incense to meditate. When I do, it's usually set on the dresser or nightstand, then tucked away when I'm done.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• right now I am like sabrina, we have really limited space, a soon to be crawling munchkin, and four really clumsy cats.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009