I think we have swine flu. Has anyone had it? Did you find Dayquil and Nyquil ineffective?

I am asking because I am the only one who is NOT sick. My entire family is sick with chills, fever (HIGH), cough, body aches and cramps. Vomiting and diarea as well. I am not sure, but I think those are due to the high fever.
My question is this, it seems as though Nyquil and Dayquil are not effective in these. I have had good progress with Guiafenisen and tylenol. Please share your experiences. Thanks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• Really I would get to the ER. the Swine flu can kill you. Heck the normal flu can kill you if your not taking care of your self or have health issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It is too late for the ER to do anything for us, unless they (my kids or hubby) are in crisis. Thanks, I am taking this VERY SERIOUSLY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I haven't had the swine flu but I have researched as best as I can and here is what I have stocked up with: Tylenol for fever. OR Ibuprofen for fever and body aches. A nasel decongestant for the stuffy nose. Elderberry syrup - This syrup is great because the virus attacks good cells with their spikes....elderberry dulls the spikes so the virus can't attach to the good cells. Sambucol is a brand of elderberry syrup has been clinically tested with other flu's (including the avian flu) and are extremely effective. Elderberry also helps with coughing and congestion and is safe for all ages.

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I drink a tea called TULSI tea or Holy Basil. This tea is a natural anti-viral and is powerful. Actually, in New Dehli, the health officials are giving the tea out for consumption to help prevent and lessen the effects of the swine flu. I ordered the tea online from: Mountain Rose Herbs. You can get elderberry syrup at a health food store. Cool mist humidifyer, lots of fluids. Here is the progression of the swine flu: 0-3 days: feeling under the weather. 4-7 days, sick with fever, chills, muscle aches, sore throat, vomiting, diahrea. 8-10 days you should start feeling better. AT THAT POINT, if you get better and then get worse, GO TO EMERGENCY ROOM. Signs to watch out for: blue skin, trouble breathing, dizziness, confusion or persistant vomiting/diarehea. How old are your kids? If you need any suggestions, feel free to message me. Keep yourself at a distance too.

KaceesMom

• You should take them to the Doctor anyway, they have certain meds they are giving people with H1N1 virus. My friend just had the virus and she didn't even have all the symptoms or very serious ones and the doctor wanted to put her on meds. The point is to go to the doctor BEFORE your family is in crisis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i JUST GOT OVER SOMETHING LIKE THAT IT STARTED WITH SORE THROAT FEVER AND CHILLS. I TOOK A LOT OF TYLENOL AND IBUPROFEN ALSO. THE THIRD DAY I STARTED VOMITING AND DIAHERRA. MY THROAT AND GLANDS WERE EXTREMELY HUGE AND SORE. I WENT TO THE URGENT CARE THEY GAVE ME ANTIBOTIC AND VIKODEN AND SAID WELL IT MIGHT BE SWINE FLU IT MIGHT BE STREP THROAT BUT THEY DIDN'T TEST ME FOR EITHER ONE. IT LASTED 5 DAYS AND THEN I WAS FEELING BETTER.
    sportygal22

Answer by sportygal22 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2009