Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i go to the doctor?

I am 36 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby and i am having werid pains. It only hurts down there. IT feels like a gush of water is about to come out whenever i move. I have had 3 other kids and never felt this before. But i know his head is down there and that i was 1 cm dilated. I wont be able to go to the doctor for at least another 3 hours. Should i go and have it checked.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (4)
  • yes you should you might be going into early labor

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • i would call the dr. as soon as the office opens, or call and talk to a nurse on the L&D floor at your local hospital explain your pains to them before i would make an appt. and go in for nothing. I'm sure the nurses on duty at the hospital could give you good advice. Good luck momma! Better to be safe than sorry.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • I would definetly go... at least if the pain/ weird feeling doesn't abate within those three hours. If it does, it might just be weird braxton hicks

    Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 1:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • Water *about* to come out?
    Maybe you've dilated a lot more and that is a bulging bag of waters.
    Good that baby is head-down, but might not be engaged enough for safety at this early gestation.
    So if your water broke it could be risky if baby were up too high.

    I am wondering if you want to check and see if you can feel if there is a bag.

    Because you're a veteran mom and this is unusual for your experiences, you might want to call in... I am not sure it's something to worry about. But I've only had 2 kids, lol.

    Answer by doulala at 1:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.