should i go to the doctor?

I am 36 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby and i am having werid pains. It only hurts down there. IT feels like a gush of water is about to come out whenever i move. I have had 3 other kids and never felt this before. But i know his head is down there and that i was 1 cm dilated. I wont be able to go to the doctor for at least another 3 hours. Should i go and have it checked.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes you should you might be going into early labor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i would call the dr. as soon as the office opens, or call and talk to a nurse on the L&D floor at your local hospital explain your pains to them before i would make an appt. and go in for nothing. I'm sure the nurses on duty at the hospital could give you good advice. Good luck momma! Better to be safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I would definetly go... at least if the pain/ weird feeling doesn't abate within those three hours. If it does, it might just be weird braxton hicks
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 1:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Water *about* to come out?
    Maybe you've dilated a lot more and that is a bulging bag of waters.
    Good that baby is head-down, but might not be engaged enough for safety at this early gestation.
    So if your water broke it could be risky if baby were up too high.

I am wondering if you want to check and see if you can feel if there is a bag.

Because you're a veteran mom and this is unusual for your experiences, you might want to call in... I am not sure it's something to worry about. But I've only had 2 kids, lol.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2009