i have a friend of mine who pass away a week ago by a car accident her husband wants to remarried again

Is it fair or not fair if he gets married again after his wife died ?

ranay375

Asked by ranay375 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Fair.. Hmmm.....well marriage vows "til DEATH do us part" so, once your spouse dies, then I guess it woudn't be considered adultry. However, I do think it would strike me as a bit odd for someone to want to get remarried so quickly. Sorry for you loss!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Um, yeah, a week is a little too soon for him to be getting re-married...that seems a little strange to me.
    Anonymous

• I think there's nothing wrong with getting re-married after your spouse dies, even if you don't believe in divorce, the wedding vows say "until death do you part". I know that if I were to die, I would want my dh to find someone else to love him and to spend his life with, I wouldn't want him to be alone the whole time - just because I died, doesn't mean that I wouldn't want him to live. (I had some health stuff that almost killed me yrs ago, and I had a lot of time to think about this...)

But I do have to say that to do so a week after they die - especially if the death was sudden - seems pretty fast to me...

Or do you mean that he doesn't want to get re-married right now, but at some point, when he's grieved and then meets someone new?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Something wrong with this picture --- you ask this question, then turn around and ask if we'd marry someone still married to his first wife.

I think I'm going to have to call "troll" on this one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If his wife died, she would be dead, so she wouldn't care. The question really becomes, why do you care? Do you plan on taking care of him in his old age and being his companion? If not, step off, he is entitled to have a life. Fair or Not, it is his life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think I would be doing some nosing around to see what the hell is up. Does her family realize what is going on? If not then please let them know asap. If it were my child that died and their spouse got married that soon, you damn skippy I would hire a PI to investigate them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Umm...if she JUST died a week a go...that would be pretty shady if he's looking to remarry already. Not to mention, it takes a while to get death certificates, etc to prove (the the "system" she's really dead). But it would still worry me if he's ready to move on, especially since this would be considered an unexpected death, with in a week.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:04 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Some ppl can't stand being alone. I'm sure she'd want him happy and perhaps they discussed this (what to do if the other passed away). Keep in mind many ppl deal with grieve differently.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie people deal with grif diffrently. Maybe he cant stand to be alone in the time of griving or maybe he was cheating on his wife with this women and couldnt find in his heart to tell his wife that he is leaving her for this women. But she died anyways I dont know there is so many ways at looking at from every angle only the man up stairs knows.
    Mina330

Answer by Mina330 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2009