Will u ever get married to a muslim guy if he was still married to his first wife

if he loves u for yourself

ranay375

Asked by ranay375 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Uh, that's illegal.... at least in my neck of the woods.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No, I can't say that I would ever "marry" a married man. Or date one, or anything. I'm sorry that is just not the way I work.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• This is kind of stupid.
    A. Polygamy in the US is illegal.
    B. He doesn't "Love you for yourself." I can't even believe you fell for that line.
    C. It doesn't matter if he is Muslim. See A and B.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the pp's.

For one, your marriage wouldn't be legal in any way, except for in some extremist Muslim countries, in which case you (presumably an American or from some other "Western" culture) would have a LOT of other issues as far as acceptance, your role as the Jr wife, etc...

For another, if he loved you for who you were, he would divorce his wife (which Muslims can do, too), and marry you legally. It sounds like either he's feeding you a line, or he is from a region where having many wives are common, in which case, I think you need to see my first point.

Finally, it's not the Muslim factor that's the issue, it's the legality of the marriage, and the complete cultural differences in a society that allows multiple wives.

For example, did you know that it's illegal for a woman to drive a car or even ride in one with a man that's not a relative, in Saudi Arabia? Just one relatively minor difference...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Oh, to clarify, I'm not bashing the Muslim faith, there is a lot of good and beauty in it. But the cultural and societal differences you would have to adjust to, IF you were to do this and move to a place where the marriage was legal, would be HUGE.

You would become, in essence, a non person. Your male relatives can force you to divorce your husband (there are cases where a woman had permission to wed, then her father died, and her new male head of house relatives didn't approve and forced the divorce - she and her dh were imprisoned because they resisted the divorce).

Your children wouldn't be yours - you would have no claim to them beyond what he chose to give you - meaning if you left, there was no chance you could take the kids with you.

He could legally beat you, and in some places, even kill you (called Honor Killing) if you displeased or defied him.

That sort of difference...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I would never marry a muslim man period weather he is married loves me or not, no thanks
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Now, again, that is in the EXTREMIST countries. There are MANY MANY MANY wonderful Muslims that do NOT agree with ANY of these things.

But, then you get back to the whole issue then of living in a place where having more than one wife isn't legal....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:49 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• no honey he belongs to someone.. find someone else
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Nope there is no way I would marry or date anyone who was already married. Since he is Muslim- I would imagine you would have alot to learn about that way of life, the culture and the 'laws'/'rules'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i wouldn't marry a muslim even he was single. find someone else.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009