IS IT OK WITH UR HUBBIES?

IM SO TIRED OF IT!! MY KIDS AND I ARE GOING TO MY HOMETOWN AND I GOT IN TOUCH WITH ALL OF MY OLD FRIENDS MOST OF THEM DONT HAVE KIDS SO THEY DONT UNDERSTAND THAT I DO NOT LIKE TO GO CLUBBING AND DRINK ANYMORE. THE HUBBY TOLD ME I CAN HAVE FUN AND IF I WANT TOO I CAN DRINK BUT I CANT GO TO THE CLUB. ALOT OF MY FRIENDS WERE UPSET CAUSE THEY WANT TO TAKE ME TO THE CLUB BUT I SAID NO CAUSE THE HUBBY DOES NOT WANT ME TOO. I AGREE WITH THE HUBBY I MEAN HE DOES HAVE A GOOD POINT OF WHY HE DOESNT WANT ME TO GO. THE FRIENDS ARE UPSET BUT I TOLD THEM ITS ALREADY AGREED IM NOT GOING. WOULD UR HUBBIES ALLOW U DO GO WITHOUT THEM?

MRS.KG85

Asked by MRS.KG85 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I think its very wise and respectful to your husband not to go to the club. You will be married (hopefully for the rest of your life) so your commitment is to him, not your friends, and so you are accountable to him. I would hope that your friends would respect your decision and not get upsefr, but I can see how they could be disappointed. I hope like the other mom said, that this is not a control issue with your friends.... thats not right.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Hmm... it depends. I mean, if he KNEW I hadn't seen them in a long time, he probably would. But I'm pretty much a homebody and don't go "clubbing". Ever. So one night wouldn't do any harm. (I just asked him, he said go for it) But I understand where he's coming from. People who don't have children can be so inconsiderate sometimes.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 1:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You have to decide what is right for yourself. I understand that maybe you have outgrown your old friends. Look to see if it is a control issue. If it isn't, and maybe it is just a matter of you just don't like to do that anymore....that is OK. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes, my husband would be ok with me going because he trust me and KNOWS I wouldn't do anything to jepordize our marrige. However, I wouldn't NOT go out of respect for him. Plus, you already said that you don't really like doing that kind of stuff anyhow. If your friends can't stay home and hang out with you while you are in then... Screw em'!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• my hubby would be ok with it, but I wouldn't go. and not just because I am pregnant now. I just don't like the club scene anymore. I went in college a few times, but it's not really my thing. But your friends do need to understand that your life is different now and his opinion matters. good luck!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Ok, first give me a minute to stop laughing at the whole "allow" thing.... it'll just take a sec......

Okay... okay... I don't think I'll wet my pants now... *Whew!* That was a good one!

To answer your question -- My husband wouldn't care. I would choose NOT to go under normal circumstances, though, because if the tables were turned, I WOULD have issues with him going to a club with his buddies.

Now... I do confess... I have been to 2 different clubs a grand total of 4 times over the past couple of months. He knew about it & didn't care. I went because of special occassions & fulfilling lifelong dreams... so had he had issues with it, honestly, I would've gone anyways.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My hubby wouldn't have a problem with me going to a club and have a good time, he knows we all need a little fun in our lives, but the thing is I would never go to a club I hate them
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• sorry, and to answer your question. My hubby probably would let me but I don't care about clubing, I never did. If he felt uncomfortable with it at all I would not go though, but I probably would not fo anyways lol
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• YES, my husband would want me to go out and have a good time. Even more so if i hadn't seen good friends in a while. I have never gone clubbing but i know he wouldn't care if i went out. The same goes for him, if he wants to go out he can. We have a very trusting relationship so we can do anything we want as long as i let him know before hand when i'm gonna go out he doesn't care.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes, my husband would actually tell me to go. I don't go t clubs because thats my pesonal choice. My husband always tells me that I'm a big girl and know right from wrong. I don't go because I'm not interested in dancing with other guys and have them be all on me and I don't need to go socialize with other men, Going out for coffee with my friends is enough besides there close to no talking at the club! I hate alcohol and I hate how drunk people act! It's just not fun in my opinion!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2009