Dizziness - mom thinks I need to go to the hospital, is she over-reacting?

I asked about dizziness & light-headedness earlier this evening, & got some great answers. I decided to drink water & just lay around (like I've been doing a lot of lately LOL). Anyways, it has been almost 5 hours since the onset of this dizzy feeling, & it has still yet to go away. I was talking to my mom & she thinks I need to go to the hospital ASAP where as the responses here just said to rest. I am wondering if maybe it might be worse than I thought before? I re-checked my BP & blood sugar, I am at 124/72 for my BP & my blood said 96 (which is normal for me). Should I listen to my mom & go in, or is she just over-reacting? & What exactly would they do if I did go in?

Also, off-subject, but if I'm not yet pre-registered will they still see me or would they want me to register at the hospital first??

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 2:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Can you call in and hear what advice they offer?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Listen to your mom. Could this be an ear infection?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't think it's an ear infection, nothing hurts. But I haven't had one since I was a kid so I don't remember what it's like to have one. It's more like I feel very light-headed & dizzy, more so when I am sitting or standing, but it doesn't go away when I lay down. My vision is only slightly blurred, but that happens at night to me sometimes normally, & plus my BP is fine. I'm not sure what it could be.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It could be anemia. That happens with anemia as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2009