Taking a posters suggestion need recipie suggestions!

I have decided to take a posters advice and make cook books for some people for christmas! Only problem I have no idea what recipies to put in it! What are your favorite things to make?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 2:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Holidays

• My first yr of marriage my mom did this for me. I still use that book. But what she did was hand out cards to our family and friends for them to write a recipe to be included. I now have family recipes from them in their own hand writting...I treasure them. Some women are now passed on, so they are all the more special. The book had different sections. Appitizers, caseroles, cookies, desserts, soups etc. Just be creative, I am sure they will love it!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I have always wanted to do that! But I would use family & friend's recipes to include in the cookbook. And of course give then credibility. Maybe think about the people ypou are giving it to...what are thier faves? Comfort foodsw like, homade mac n cheese, any family cookie recipes. MY FAVE: a cold noodle salad w/ tri-color noodles, bacon, string cheese cut up, olives, red peppers, toss with powdered ranch and mayo. Hope this helps.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 3:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I'd make it recipes you've actually tried, I like Amberoz recommendation, maybe e-mail your friends and family and ask for their favorite recipes to include.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• All depends in the state you live in and according to your family background; at times a little mix of both.  I love the Mexican tradition of Tamales for Christmas thing.  The gathering of women making them and telling stories (gossiping).  LOL 

The auroma in our home brings pleasant memories year after year.   

It's Not Christmas Without tamales! 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• then it would be MY cookbook. this should be your recipes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• ok to anon i didnt ask for your recipies i asked for ideas of foods to put in them like other people said. i didnt say to put down each ingredient sheesh
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Go with your family's favorites, specialties, or traditions.

I've thought about doing this by gathering recipes from everyone in my family - the older relatives have recipes that we all remember our grandmothers cooking when we were little. I've even thought about asking my aunt if I could phot copy my grandmother's recipes so we could all have copies in Grandmother's handwriting. If you are doing this just for family you might recruit some help from relatives.

GL!
    Anonymous