Annoying thoughts of suicide

do you ever feel haunted by thoughts of suicide, you strongly don't want to do it, but the grief you feel sometimes feels like to much to cope with and overall exasperated by lonelyness of disconnection with those around you? I get into these funks and I'm in one now, I am not suicidal, just keep flashing thoughts of pills or slicing myself, or ending my life in some kind of way, and those thoughts although I hate them side track me away from the grief and loss that I can't always bare. although its rare, when I have reached out, I ended up rejected so that I end up alone and wailing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• First, let me say how sorry I am that you are in so much pain right now! There have been times I've thought about it in my past, and I've had people close to me kill themselves or try to.

I know that you know this, since you're not wanting to, but this is NOT a good option. Please believe me, things DO get better. It will be hard, and you will struggle, but the feelings of pain and grief do go away - well, maybe not entirely go away, but they will change, and you WILL be able to find peace and happiness again.

If you've reached out and been rejected, then reach out to someone else! Not everyone will reject you!

Also, PLEASE, even though you aren't seriously considering doing it right now, please call the suicide hotline and talk to them, they can help you deal with the thoughts that you keep having!

If you don't mind, please pm me after you talk to them so I know you're doing ok!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You don't have to be wanting to die to call them, just having thoughts like you're having. They CAN help! Here's the link for them, so you can call.

Please trust me on this, what you're feeling now doesn't have to be what you feel forever, and there are LOTS of other ways to stop the pain other than suicide!

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i think medication can help. i've been on various anti-depressants for years. they truly help me stay sane, and im proud to say that i need medication!
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 3:04 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I feel your pain. I get in those funks once in a while. I have jumped out of a moving car trying to die. Fortunatly, I only broke the scalp & needed 12 staples.

Keep reaching out. Someone will have empathy. Just remember, it will be a short-lived feeling.

Do you think it is because of the fall? Seems like depressing hits in the dreary, dark months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yeah, i have so many times.. Guilt, regret, stress... things I just can't change, or deal with.. I'm on medicine, Cymbalta.. and even though I'm still very depressed I haven't thought of suicide as much as i used to.. I just need more than medicine i think, I need someone to talk to so I get over the things that make me feel this way.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 3:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Please get help!! You need therapy, and possible medication

Answer by rkoloms at 8:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2009