Where do you get your little ones winter jacket?

Is it just me or are the winter jackets for little ones getting thinner and thinner?! I almost want to make one! And they want 30$ and more for whats like a sweater! Where do you buy yours?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 3:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• this is my little ones first year...but 2 years ago i got one for my lil bro at old navy and i was pretty satisfied so im going there first ...otherwise i dont know
    what about u?
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My dd is almost 2 1/2 and for the past couple years they have been hand me downs from my much younger sister ( 3 1/2). This year though ill have to find one. Im thinking Ill look there first as well. I looked at walmart and target and wasn't satisfied at all!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 3:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yeah i went to walmart today and i didnt like them they had pink ones and purple ones...not too cute or warm like they aare poofy jacets i dont think my 15 month old could really move in it..i have a much younger bro 2 hes 4,,lol
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Walmart. They are not nearly that expensive, and they are thick.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• ya last winter, for my DD it was a poofy like jacket but it was like an older one and it was actually from old navy so it wasnt too poofy but it was nice and warm. oh you too? so you know how it feels for people to think that your sibling is your child lol i had someone ask me if my sister and my dd were twins lol
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 3:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• oh yeah they r like both of ur children are beautiful,,,and im like um no she is mine and hes my bro...or they will ask him"is that ur sister?" and hes like no
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• lol ya its funny though my sister calls me sissy now my dd is starting to call me that im like umm no im mommy haha
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 3:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I am buying my sons at oldnavy.com. this one is three in one.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49813&vid=1&pid=694804

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Actually, the thinner fleece jackets are better. There's this stuff called polar fleece and it's thin yet warmer than the bulky coats. It's also a great thing to have if your kiddos are still in harnesses because if they wear a bulky coat in a car seat it can compress in an accident and the child will be ejected because the harness was loosened to fit the big puffy coat.

Since this year is my first year with a child in the cold weather I'll probably be using just fleece outfits and lots of blankets, especially in the car. If I get a bunting it'll be for home use only.

Here's a link for a $40 polar fleece outfit. I definitely want one!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/SolidFleeceBunting~133172_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::PIK&CM_MERCH=IDX_00007__0000001032&origin=index
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 5:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Wal-Mart. They have a 4-in-one that we have bought for DD the past 2 winters. We normally just have her wear the inside liner. It is very warm and they aren't supposed to wear bulky coats in their carseats anyway, so it works out perfectly. We attach the inside liner to the outside part for when she's playing outside in the snow.  It's $25.  This year it also came with mittens and a hat.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11007261

AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2009