History Lesson?

Well I don't care if you want one or not you are gonna get it! ***wink wink***

Who said this and what did they do?
"My purpose is to revolutionize northern sentiment by a presentation of history that would transform every man in my audience into a good Democrat!"

Here is some more history, it was a Republican-controlled Congress that rammed through the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution that, among other things, abolished slavery, guaranteed equal protection and due process and addressed blacks' right to vote.

I think everyone needs to really think about what they say before they say it or type it. "You" may think it was a great come back calling me a racist, but it just shows how you have no knowledge of history and no true knowledge of what is in my heart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Where is the question? I am not trying to be rude but I can not grasp what you are asking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Who said this and what did they do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Thomas Dixon, the author of the unabashedly racist novel on which Birth of a Nation was based, explained, “I didn’t dare allow the President to know the real big purpose back of my film – which was to revolutionize Northern sentiments by a presentation of history that would transform every man in my audience into a good Democrat! .

I love google.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Here's another history lesson for you, when those amendments were passed the platforms of what we would consider Republican and Democrats now days was VERY VERY different. You can't take a quote from that time period that refers to political parties and expect it to be applicable to a situation today. During that period of time there were LOTS of political parties, so you can't even be sure that quote was referencing a political party or an ideal.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 10:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Honey Dixon was died in 1946....try again. See this is why people should STAY IN SCHOOL!

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• had died**

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009