Potty training tips for boy?

I have a son who is now 17 months old. I know that every child is different, I am just asking if any one has any tips to help me get started since this is my first child. No clue what to do except for what I have read online at babycenter and sites like that. :/ Anyways, any help is highly appreciated. Thank you! :)

ReginaGallo

Asked by ReginaGallo at 4:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have no great tips! I do have a 2 and 3 year old that are mostly potty trained - still have a few accidents. My boys always seemed to go in the bathtub, so I would put them on the toilet right before bath time. I used a small seat that sat on top of the toilet. I just can't imagine cleaning another toilet. With a stool they could climp up by themselves. Once they actually went in the toilet they figured out pretty quickly what I wanted. I put them in underwear around the house and when they wet it I would take them to the bathroom and remind them that we do that in the toilet, not your pants. It's time consuming, but wonderful when they catch on!!! Hope it goes well!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My boys always liked to make bubbles in the toilet, squirt a little dish soap in the toilet and as they pee, it will make it bubble up, wonderfully amusing to little boys. We lived in the country so they also like to "water the plants".
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I tried with my son to put cherrios in the toilet and have them try to sink them in the toilet but in my son's case he tried to eat them..lol
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 7:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2009