Labor Questions?

I am having alot of pain in my stomach and down there. My husband said that if i can feel the baby move then it isnt labor but my back is starting to hurt also. Could it be early signs of labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be. you can call your doctor ans see what they say, they may want to see you or have you wait a while.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I'm not sure why your husband thinks that if you can feel the baby move, it isn't labor.  Mine moved up until I started pushing.  Pain?  Any kind of stomach pains are best checked out by your Dr.  I would rather think I'm in labor and go to the Dr. than to sit at home and risk something being wrong.  Go with your feelings babe!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Men, they always think they know everything! :) Your baby can move during labor. My daughter moved through the entire thing. If you are having pains, its best to call your dr to make sure its nothing serious.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 7:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Could be labor. When your hubby has a baby, then maybe I'll consider his point more valid. :) That's too funny. I suppose if your uterus is tight (Like when you are contracting) it would make it less likely that you'd feel the baby move, but no baby moves all the time. And it does sound like you are gearing up for labor. Tell hubby no offense meant. Good uck mama!! And Daddy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I actually had my labor induced.. but i did have a false alarm scare while i was at work, i was around 38 weeks along and everytime my son would move, it felt like he was coming out! lol.. it was so painful i couldn't sit down, and then it started to be painful as i stood as well, but it was ONLY when he would move. i left work and called my doc to fill them in, she got my hopes up by saying it sounded as though i was starting labor but i wasnt having regular pains... it ended up being him just dropping and i was induced the next week... and once i started pushing the top of his head was showing the whole time, lol. i would call your doc just for ease of mind and to fill them in
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• lol. your husband. tee hee. it could be early labor, the kind that leads right into active labor, or it could be the early labor that goes on and off for several days. how many weeks pregnant are you? gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OMG! my husband said the exact same thing because HIS mom said that her babys quit moving when it was time to "come out" so whenever i start getting contractions and pains and he sees her movehe goes "oh its ok its false labor go take a bath" LOL i told my doctor about that the other day and she had to tell him otherwise before he'd believe me....
    i have those same symptoms everyday for the past couple of weeks and no baby or labor yet just false alarms :-/ but you never know...
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I say that whenever you are in doubt about something call your doc. You very well could be in labor but it could also be braxton hicks too. But it's better to be safe than sorry.
    armanaqueen630

Answer by armanaqueen630 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009