How can i get my son to do both on the potty and just number 1. He all most 3 years old?

I will tell him let go potty let go pee pee and poo poo. No go poo poo.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We struggled with this with my 3 year old. I keep him in underwear during the day. If he did a stink in his pants he had to undress himself, clean the underwear in the toilet (with help), and then dress himself. He HATED all that and it sometimes took 2 hours. He quickly figured out it was easier to go in the toilet!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• my daughter was scared to let it go in the potty so one day when she was in the middle of pooping, I sccoped her up and put her on the potty. She didn't do anything in the potty but before she looked, I put some of the poop from her undies into the potty so she would think that she did it. When she saw, I made a HUGE deal out of it and we've not had a problem since then.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My daughter is also almost 3,she is doing pretty good with #1 but I have yet to get her to do #2 in potty. She will sit on when she has to go, but not want to stay on long enough to go poop. When she does it in her underwear, she will take it off & run to the potty or ask me to clean her up. I am not sure what the solution is yet. I am afraid my carpet will start smelling after too much stuff falling out of her undies when she takes them off. I don't always manage to catch her before she does it.
    RuthsPlace

Answer by RuthsPlace at 9:52 AM on Sep. 30, 2009