What do you use for Acne treatments?

I am in my 30's and for the past 6 months I have had severe acne. I started using Acne Free that I found from Walmat. The 1st two days were great and then the dryness started. Around my mouth is so dry that it hurts and I have new acne within the dryness.
What are your treatments? Thanks for your help.

MyGirlParadise

Asked by MyGirlParadise at 8:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• ,Don't use soap. use a face wassh cleance, for acne.that helps my daughter.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I wish I knew! I've been struggling with the same problem since Olvia was born 3 years ago. I tried regular stuff from the store but nothing worked. I went to a dermatologist and got prescription creme which didn't work either. The derm. said it was hormonal. So I went back on the pill and the acne has cleared up immensely. Probably not the ideal solution, but it's helping me in other areas too so I can't complain. NGL
    jackiesmom72

Answer by jackiesmom72 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I use something called Clear.now. It has helped me more than anything else I've tried. And I sure tried a lot of stuff! It is available on-line. It is a 3-step system.#1-scrub, #2-treat, #3-nourish. I don't use it everyday, it can get a little dry if you do. One set lasts a long time. Here is the wesite: rmartin50.qhealthbeauty.com Hope this helps!
    RuthsPlace

Answer by RuthsPlace at 9:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Prescriptives Blemish treatment works wonders! I rarely get blemishes but this zaps them right away.
    luckyroo

Answer by luckyroo at 10:04 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• proactive works well for me. But you have to careful to get the lotion everywhere or you'll have dry skin issues.
    Noni2319

Answer by Noni2319 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Proactive makes my face itchy. I use when I am having breakouts that is. Mary Kay # 3 cleanser then the blemish control toner. Also I top it off with their acne treatment gel. Works great. If I am not having breakouts I use the 3 in 1 cleansers from Mary Kay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Zap It! from Melaleuca. It is very affordable and VERY EFFECTIVE. Plus it has a money back guarantee for 60 days. If you try it and don't like it you get your money back. $16.95 for a four piece set.....it is a GOTTA HAVE!!
    mom45kids

Answer by mom45kids at 10:27 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I use only natural stuff bc many of the products on the market are expensive and have side effects or shouldn't be used by pregnant/ nursing women.

Only 4 things are ever needed

1. high quality vegetable based soap- I use Dr. Bronner's. Wash face morning and night, after exercise or being out in the elements
    2. pure sea salt -- after I wash my face with soap in the morning, I rinse then rub 1/2 tsp salt all over my face. Rub gently. Let it soak in for about a minute and wash off. This will kill any bacteria in your skin and slough off the dead cells.
    3. lemon juice- if I have a dark red pimple, I put a drop of lemon juice on it before bed. Then I wash lie normal in the morning
    4. hydrogen peroxide -- if i have a sore infected pimple i apply some peroxide with a q-tip before bed

Acne infections can contain staph germs. Salt scrubs will kill it. Don't reuse the same wash cloth. WASH YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES IN ALCOHOL.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You should try the Clearskin Professionals Acne Kit from Avon. Its great. I've had acne for years and now its all cleared up and this kit seriously does not make your skin dry out! Its been very popular and I've heard nothing but good things from my customers as well. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code FSANY for free shipping too!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009