Do you use a headset with your cell when you drive? If not, why don't you?

Just curious. I see people talking on cell phones when they drive all the time and for the life of me I can't figure out why they don't use a headset. It's so much safer! As soon as I get in the car I put my seat belt on and then I put my headset on so I don't have to fumble around. If you don't use a headset I'm really curious why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We just moved overseas and I don't use a cell at all while driving, it's confusing enough learning my way around, plus the plans are different here and we only have one cell for emergencies.

But, when we lived in the States, I didn't use it because I wear glasses and also, something about my ears or something, but they just aren't comfortable.

BUT - I also don't hold it up to my head or anything like that. I would put it on speakerphone and set it down if I had to be on the phone when I was driving, so it was still hands free.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No, I don't use my cell phone when I drive, unless I am stopped in a safe place to talk if it is needed to call someone. It's not that important to talk while driving.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 8:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No, I don't have a headset but I do use the speaker.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I dont use a headset because I have bluetooth in the car. much safer than a headset
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No headset here i have bluetooth in my car as well. and i never text while driving, I hate texters ive almost gotten hit 4 times by people texting, they just swerve and keep on texting it seriously makes me want to shove there phones up there butts lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I very rarely use my cell while driving, and if I do I either pull over or use speaker phone. Or I have someone else answer for me.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No I only use speaker phone when I'm driving, I use speaker phone here at my house as well.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't usually don't get calls while in the car. My iPhone is always in its dock and if I do get a call that I need to take I hit speaker.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't but I don't use my cell at all when I drive. Cellphones with or without headsets are distractions and cause accidents. I don't change my radio station or readjust my temp in the car. Before I leave I set the temp I want in my car pop in a favorite CD and turn my phone off. I would never do anything that could harm another because I was selfish. Playing with the stereo, eating, putting make up on, reading and talking on the cell with or without a head set are all selfish.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I have bluetooth in my car, so I talk hands free through my speakers.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:03 AM on Sep. 30, 2009