to all the military wives

it takes a strong woman to love a strong man

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• amen to that.... for all the non military wives.. try not seeing your husband for 15 months while he fights for YOUR freedom...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• GMAFB
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• goodthis is for you

Anonymous

• Very cool.
    Dyssy

Answer by Dyssy at 9:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• GMFAB? piss off bitch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• What is GMAFB?

The saying is true.

Answer by louise2 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• it means give me a fucking break

yeah it is true, until the anon bitch has experienced loving and losing a soldier then she needs to stfu
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Lindalu2 - lol - ditto, only insert working in remote locations, doing a job they were't allowed to discuss at all, and Division issues for Squadrons and flights, TAD for TDY, and 19 yr of military (17 married, 2 yrs single military before that) for 21... ;-)

I do think it takes a strong man or woman to be married to someone in the military - you spend so much of your time as a married woman (or man), but at the same time, a single parent thousands of miles from family or long time friends - with the worst of both those worlds...

But I also think there are a LOT of jobs that require a strong person to do it, with an equally strong spouse to be able to handle the burdens and stresses from that job.

My hat is off to all of them :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• How many jobs out there. Do you have to worry if your spouse it going to live or die, or come home injured. I do not think there are to many out there like the military.

Answer by louise2 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't know why the post I responded to was deleted - it wasn't obnoxious or anything.

But, since it was deleted, I'll clarify my answer - I agree that it takes a strong person to handle being married to someone in the military, you have to put up with separations, dangers, moves, isolation, political crap being thrown at you by strangers, etc. You get to be a single parent but a married woman (or man), with the worst of both those worlds.

It's a very hard road sometimes, but it can also be very rewarding and fulfilling, and my hat's off to everyone who walks that path.

Just like it's off to people who do other hard jobs or are married to them - such as police, firefighters, etc.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009