• In the Spotlight:

What are some options with homeschooling?

Im living in africa right now I have a five and four year. I was wondering about homeschooling. Do they have classes online where the kids can complete the work and email it back to the teacher? What are my options with homeschooling? They dont offer american style school and i still want my sons to have and american style education. I would appercate any help. Thank so much!!!!

izzyandbuggsmom

Asked by izzyandbuggsmom at 9:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• There are online schools, I haven't used them, so I wouldn't know what to recommend, but I know they're available. There are programs that you buy complete from different publishers, and then you can put together your own curriculum...you can order through ebay, amazon, or publishers online.

I'd make 2 recommendations, first join an online homeschooler group, there are some here on cafemom, or yahoo. Ask other moms there what they are using, why, and how they like it, then research the programs and materials online. Two, check the state standards and requirements from your home state, and the curriculum that matches up to make sure you meet all of the requirements for each grade level.

I homeschooled my two youngest boys. My 17 year old is currently a sophomore in college. Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• http://homeschool.calvertschool.org/
    They have different homeschool options, one of the options is to have a teacher go over and grade the work.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We virtual school my first grader. He has most of his lessons available online and some extra course books that the school sends. It's a prepared lesson plan and there are several teachers who teach the online classes and grade the work. The two I know of are k-12 and connections academy. I would Google virtual schools.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2009