Did you know today is...

International Blasphemy Day? Many of us blasphemy simply by being who we are, but will you do anything special today? Here is my extra blasphemy for the day.

I deny the Holy Spirit!

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 9:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh geeze...It's really too early for this.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• In the Old Law the blasphemer was punished by death.

Among the Visigoths, anyone blaspheming the name of Christ or expressing contempt of the Trinity had his head shorn, was subjected to a hundred stripes, and suffered perpetual imprisonment in chains.

Medieval canon law punished the blasphemer most severely. By a decree of the thirteenth century one convicted of blasphemy was compelled to stand at the door of the church during the solemnities of the Mass for seven Sundays, and on the last of these days, divested of cloak and shoes, he was to appear with a rope about his neck.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• According to the law herein laid down by Pius V in his Constitution "Cum primum apostolatus" , the layman found guilty of blasphemy was fined. The fine was increased upon his second offence, and upon his third he was sent into exile. If unable to pay the fine, he was upon the first conviction condemned to stand before the door of the church, his hands tied behind him. For the second offence he was flogged, and for the third his tongue was pierced, and he was sentenced to the galleys.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Someone is bored today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Where do you get this stuff? lol! First Talk Like a Pirate Day and Now this?? You are something else... And that's why we love you.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I will pray for your soul today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I will tell my children how the gods and goddesses are made up fairy tales!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Ha...hahaha...that was a good documentary, have you ever seen it? That's what spawned all the people on youtube saying "I deny the holy spirit!" I've been meaning to make a video of me saying it but it's not very high on my priority list, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I will pray for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Dark, dark the night on every side; Without Thee, Lord, I have no guide. O Blessed Saviour, crucified, Take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
    Light of the world to me Thou art, Hope of this wayward, sinful heart; I could not bear from Thee to part:
    Take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
    Apart from Thee my soul must die; No other hope of heav'n have I. O hear thy needy servants cry: Take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 30, 2009