Do you keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen?

How many times have you used it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. I have never had a fire in my kitchen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• no we dont. and ill tell you why. if its a small fire u can a lot of the times use flower (we do always have flower) this house is so old thats its honestly not worth trying to save. It will go up in flames really fast im sure. The time i use to grab an extinguisher and use it is the time i would have to get the kids and pets out of the house. we also have guns and bullets which have to be removed. The dogs fight so one would have to be stuck in the car while the other one runs. 3 dogs 2 cats 2 kids and one or two guns with bullets would take a lil while to get out.
    Anonymous

• Yup, but I've never had to use it.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I do! I have used it once. When my son was 16 he became an eating machine. He could polish off an entire box of cereal in one day. My younger DD's at the time where getting tired of not having cereal, so the hid a box in the broiler drawer of the stove. I did not know it was there. One morning I got up and made cinnamon rolls for the kids. I lit the oven and in a few minutes the kitchen was full of smoke, I peeked in and the oven was on fire. I called for my DH who came running in, took the extinguisher and fired! We found the source of the problem and he threw out a charred smoking smoldering box of fruit loops into the yard. Moral of the story, do NOT hide food in the broiler!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We have one in the kitchen and we have never used it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We have one. I look at it like car insurance - you don't want it, you hope you never need it, but one day you just might, and it's better to be safe than sorry!

I've never used it though.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My husband does property preservation, and he's required to remove any fire extinguishers he finds at properties. He's brought several of the new ones home, so I think I might have 5 or 6 of them. I've never had to use any of them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I HAVE ONE NEAR MY BACK DOOR(VERY CLOSE TO MY KITCHEN) I DON'T THINK ITS ABOUT IF YOU USED IT,ITS TO HAVE IT IN CASE YOU NEED IT!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• omg I totaly forgot a bout it ! lol ,yes we have one ,never had to used it though tG!
    annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 10:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• we live on post in government housing so we have to have one. but ive never used it.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2009