Do you think it's tacky?

Just curious as to what you ladies think...do you think it's tacky to get a tatoo with your name on your body? Would you ever do it? (Yes I've been thinking about it)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's not tacky, just odd. But if you ever get amnesia, you'll have a head start.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think it would be tacky if it were somewhere silly. I hate seeing name tattoos on girls' necks or clevage. But that's just me. Anywhere else I don't think would be tacky. But it's your body, if you like the idea then go for it!
    o0laurie.love0o

Answer by o0laurie.love0o at 10:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Personally, I don't see the point in getting your own name tat'ed on you. I always wondered why people would get their name tat'ed on them...is it because you forget your name ... LOL. I'm j/j.
    I personally wouldn't do it, but it's all what you want b/c it's your body and you have to live with it for the rest of your life.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i have a tattoo of my name.. i got it when i was 18. I don't think it's a bad tattoo, but it's not one i show off and even tell people i have. i don't regret it, but if i had to decide today, i wouldn't have gotten it. So make sure it's something you won't mind having 10 years or more down the road.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't recall ever considering tattoo-ing my own name...my childrens names maybe but never my own. Tacky when it comes to tattoo's is a relitave term. What one thinks is art, another may find trashy. I have a tattoo, personally I don't like large ones nor do I appreciate women with tattoo's on their necks...I just don't like the look, my own personally op. Do what is right for you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:06 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I have my kids names on me. But not my name I guess I would but, I never have. I have 13, but i my OP if you get a tat put it where no one can see it. It makes it really hard and ppl look at you crazy when you have em everywhere bc I cant even wait a table bc I have a tat on my wrist. Its the only one that can be seen.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Tacky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I dont think I'd get a tattoo of my own name,personally but if it's something you want then get it.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I have always thought why do people tattoo their own names? in-case you get drunk or killed?
    People you love on you is cool.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I'm not sure I would call it "tacky" but I think that would be one of my least favorite tattoos. I can understand getting children's names, or paying homage to someone else, but your own name seems more like a label. Of course, you'd have to have a really cool name, too. If you had a stupid one like mine........well, picture this......I'm standing in front of you in line, my DS drops something and I bend down to pick it up, peeking out of the top of my too low cut jeans you see "Windy" tattooed above my butt........ROTFLMBO......Now THAT would be tacky for sure!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2009