Last night my Dh went off on me all mad cuz I asked for the car. I felt degrated and upset.

Story is we have had one car since March. He uses it more since he works 1.5 hrs away. Days I really need car he takes train n carpools. Monday night I told him I need car Thursday & asked should I take our oldest to Doctor since he has rash ? He said YES. I said Ill take him Wed. since he has no school. He agreed, then last night I asked if he was taking train and he blew COULD YOU HAVE TOLD ME THIS LAST NIGHT SO I COULD OF SET UP CAR POOL !! I was lost he has 2 drinks before bed (did he forget or did not listen). The way he screamed I felt like crap all I wanted was to use car. I really dont need it all the time Im on bed rest until my due date, but I find it unfair he crashed truck in Dec. has not fixed it, bought a 10k bike and has been fixing it for racing & has invested 5k more. I helped w/ 1k on bike & w/ 2k on car we use. Yet I have nothing, I dont know what to tell him :( I stopped talking to him Im upset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Then you yell back " I TOLD YOU THE OTHER DAY!" seriously, yell back
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No, don't yell back. That could upset the kids. Remind him you told him the other day. Remind him, you two NEED another car or form of transportation. Could maybe you guys take a taxi?? That really isn't fair or right of your husband to yell at you like that- but don't make the situation worse for you two and your chlidren. Kids DON'T need to see parents screaming at each other.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You do have to fight back and tell him you told him. Also tell him to never ever yell at you again you are not his child.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Write it down next time so he can be reminded that you have the car and have talked to him about it already. Post it where he leaves the door all the time too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• At first I was going to say just remind him of what he said or write it down until I read that he hasn't bothered to fix the truck he crashed and bought a bike and all that. With that added info and there is the fact that you are stranded while he works more than an hour away, he should take the train and carpool and you should have the car. That might just be me but you have your son at home and if I understand correctly, are pregnant and to me, anything could happen in either of those situations and you need transportation. DH and I each have a car, I had mine paid off before we got married and one of the things I just expect is to have a way around. I don't get out all the time but I'm at home with the kids and I figure for that eight hours a day he is in one place anyway. But in your case, I feel like you definitely need a way to get somewhere if you need it. Have you talked to him about fixing the truck?
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• tell him it is his own fault he doesnt have 2 cars -- so freaking fix the truck if he is tired of sharing cars..... he created the mess then yelled at you for it?? that is just mean!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Your on bed rest and he is treating you this way!!!! I'm so sorry that you are going through this with your husband. I was on bedrest for 3 an a half months and it was long... You should never be stressed like this. Yell and I mean Yell right back at him.... and I have to agree with ZAKYSMOM... Tune your husband in and remind him of your bedrest....
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009