Lost my confidence....how can i find it?

I gained over 65 pounds during my pregnancy ( gave birth in June)....and now have 25 pounds left to lose.....I am so upset with they way I look....my face is fat...my stomach has rolls.....I lost confidence....I am watching what i eat and using the Wii Fit although I am just feeling down all around.....I am just not sure of who I am anymore....any suggestions how I can overcome this ? :)

Danickasmom

Asked by Danickasmom at 10:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You are a winner! This is obvious from your message. You will succeed. What you can do to help feel better about yourself is to make a list- writing it down is best, of all of the things about yourself that you like. Don't think there aren't any. The more you think, the more you'll find. Just from your message I see that you are intelligent, you have good grammar and spelling skills, you are a good mom. What others can you think of?

Answer by Bmat at 10:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• focus on other things that make you happy, like a hobby, or hanging out with friends, maybe that could get you feeling like your old self.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If you can, join weight watchers. It really, really works. You go once a week and get weighed in, which hold you accountable and the group meeting gives you a source of hope and fellowship. They even have a special program for breast feeding moms. Im sure your life is crazy busy now with the care of everyone but yourself. Going there forces you to really focus on treating yourself well at least once a week, which can boost self-esteem.
    Anon1818

Answer by Anon1818 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Keep excersizing and watching your diet. You didn't have your baby all that long ago. I know how you feel. I still have 15 pounds to go and I never thought I'd get that far. It does get better if you keep doing what your doing. You really have come very far. Good luck.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Try looking in the mirror every morning, naked, and say one thing that you like about yourself at this stage in your life. It should help build your confidence in yourself back up.
    CaramelKisses24

Answer by CaramelKisses24 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I say "pump it" Get motivated! Your a great mom, and no one can tel you to do anything , unless YOU pump it and get motivated!
    Mrs.McKenzie

Answer by Mrs.McKenzie at 12:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009