Bullied in Kindergarten

So I posted a little while ago, that my son was getting called names by another boy, it's not in the classroom but at luch, and after lunch. Anyone have any ideas on what I should tell my son to do or say?

Rachel24517

Asked by Rachel24517 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in

• i'm not really too sure, the kid next door has been calling my 4 year old names since he moved in telling him he's stupid etc (they arent allowed to play together after all this obviously) i told my son that that boy was making bad choice, and we dont ever call our friends those names i kind of delt with it more for my son than that kid if you know what i mean, i was reassuring my son that it was the kid who was chosing to be 'a bad friend' but at school its different. it breaks my heart that kids have to be called names and bullied esp at SUCH a young age (not that any age is better!) give your little man a hug from us i hope that kid knocks if off soon!!!
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 10:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I just had the same convo with my 6yr and I told him next time to tell the teacher because at there school even if they hit back when struck the are suspended to, So if it isn't dealt after this..Then my next step is meeting with the teacher and principal because I won't let my son get punished for some kid hitting him in the stomach everyday.
    My kids go by the no snitching rules, but I told them sometimes you have to tell
    Mrs.Taylor

Answer by Mrs.Taylor at 11:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Most schools have a zero tolerance policy towards bullying. You should bring this to the attention of the school administration.

Here is a great resource: http://www.stopbullyingnow.hrsa.gov/kids/

Answer by rkoloms at 11:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I would tell your child to be assertive with the other boy by saying something like, "it's not nice to call people names" or "I don't like it when you call me that" or the ole standby "i know you are,b ut what am I". If the boy keeps it up after voicing his dislike, then he should tell the teacher.
    And to a PP: what's a no snitching rule?
    Anonymous