Has anyone tried Nighttime Enfamil?

If so, would you recommend it? My son is 6 weeks old and he (usually) only gets up to eat once during the middle of the night... but when he does, he eats a LOT, and then he's up for the day a couple of hours after that. I know he's not supposed to get cereal yet, but formula doesn't seem to hold him over all night. I saw an ad for Nighttime Enfamil, does it actually keep them full longer?

Koukla12905

Asked by Koukla12905 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i've never seen that before....but normally they will start to sleep through the night anytime between 6 and 11 weeks.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Babies aren't "supposed" to sleep through the night at that age and it is actually incorrect that they normally sleep through the night between 6 and 11 weeks as well. I would love to see a legitimate source for that information.

Night waking is about survival and natural biological rhthyms. The concept of trying to fill them up with sugar and gunk so YOU can sleep more is bizarre to me as a parent. Sorry. Parenting isn't convenient and it never will be.

My 3 children were nurtured and loved through night wakings until they were a year old and now are amazing sleepers who didn't have to be filled up with crap as young infants so I could get some sleep. It is disgusting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• The concept of trying to fill them up with sugar and gunk so YOU can sleep more is bizarre to me as a parent. Sorry. Parenting isn't convenient and it never will be. My 3 children were nurtured and loved through night wakings until they were a year old and now are amazing sleepers who didn't have to be filled up with crap as young infants so I could get some sleep. It is disgusting.

Gee, thanks for that overwhelming bit of criticism to an honest question about formula. I somehow doubt the formula is full of "sugar and gunk", for starters, and excuse those of us who want more than 4 hrs of sleep a night.  Also it's a bit assuming of you to say that my child isn't loved and nurtured.  You might consider me disgusting for feeding my son something that will keep him full longer (gasp! call Child Services!) but if I'm disgusting, so is your attitude. Go preach to someone who beats their kids.

Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I personally have never used it, but a have a close friend with a 3 month old who has she was telling me that she really couldn't tell where it was helping her LO any. But hey anything is worth a try.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009