cycle timing question

I had sex the day after my period ended, maybe two days after at most. Is there a chance I could get pregnant? I can't remember the average time sperm can survive. Also, I had been getting my period every two weeks for the past 3 or 4 cycles and didn't get it at the two week mark this month...but I really shouldn't have gotten it two weeks in anyway...and it also confuses me because I have no idea when I'm ovulating. I went to the doctor and they said there was nothing wrong with me after doing tests, so its just a random freak thing. But can anyone make sense out of this to give me an idea if there is a chance for pregnancy outside of the "there's always a chance"? And I'll take a test if I need to, but I'm just curious if I even need to go that route.

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 10:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Read Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler it can help you understand what your body is doing...and will explain how to chart your cycles involving basal body temp, cervical position and cervical mucous...it will tell you if you are ovulating or not.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• How long did your period last for? If your cycles are only two weeks long, and you ARE indeed ovulating, then I'd say there's a chance.

I also agree with Jademom07 about the book.

Another tool is www.fertilityfriend.com. It helps you chart your cycles, as well as analyze them for signs of ovulation and such.
    caphillmom603

Answer by caphillmom603 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009