Help! My 2 yr old sleep past 3:30 am!!!

For the past month now my 29 month old will not sleep past 3:30 am. We have tried a warm bath before bed, we have tried keeping her up later. She has a night light, we send a sippy of water to bed with her, she has stuffed animals with her, she is not sick. She doesn't always take a nap during the day. Yet she will not sleep. Also the cry it out thing will not work because she can open doors, we try to take her back up to her room, but there are nights she is so quiet about it I do not notice till I get up for work. Plus her baby sister is up stairs and she will often throw fits when we try and force her back to bed waking her sister.

I am at my wits end and so is the hubby it is causing lots of problems for us in many areas. Does any one have any ideas or advice, I really could use some sleep :(

Mylees_mommy

Asked by Mylees_mommy at 10:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This may be taking a step backwards, but what about making her a bed on the floor of your bedroom? Does she seem scared or upset or just awake? Try putting her to bed a little later than usual. I would also talk to the pedi about it because she clearly isnt getting enough sleep.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Let me guess, hubby is getting mad that he's being woken up..lol!! Could she be getting her 2 year molars and that's waking her? I don't know for the past 3-4 weeks my son wakes at 4:45-5am - which is a little better than 3:30 so I feel your pain. Is she waking up happy? or upset? I think my son has growing pain issues. about 2 months ago he went through a bad crying whining uncomfy stretch - not that we could do anything about it but sometimes just having a reason as to why they act like that help?! I don't know honey good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• we have the same problem here with our 30 month old. He started waking up at midnight or 1am every single night when he was about 26 months. We eventually gave in and just let him sleep with us when he comes in. That's the only way we could get him to sleep until morning. He is starting to stay in his bed now occasionally. I have heard from other parents that their 2 year old's do the same thing, regardless of how well or not well they slept as babies.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009