BINKI"S !!!

Why do parents let their kids go so long with a binki. Have you ever been out somewhere and seen a child much to old for a binki? At the park recently, i saw a little girl, she had underwear on, she was potty trained, and still sucked a binki!

Rachel24517

Asked by Rachel24517 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• yeah it drives me nuts because the longer they have it the longer its a security blanket for them. My dd was 8 months old and broke her self from the binki. She didnt want it one day so I threw them all away and said no more. I have a newborn in the house now who has a binki and my dd(15 months) only likes to play with it, which shes not allowed to do
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't agree that a child should have a bink past the age of 1. I didn't want my LO to have one at all, but she took it and relied on it too much. I took it away at 5 mos. I don't care if she walks around til she is 5 with a lovey just not a bink.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Some parents believe that their child will grow out of it. It is a comfort item for my DS and he is two I will not take it away. He doesn't always have it but when he wants it it is usually for a reason. He is comforting himself. He has needed it less and less lately and I can tell in his confidence that he is slowly taking himself off of it. I think that you don't know the whole story don't judge!
    sarahlu2009

Answer by sarahlu2009 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I saw a 4-5 year old at the zoo last month, riding in a stroller munching on a pacifier. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It doesn't bother me as much as when I see these big ass kids in strollers being pushed around!! It's like walk already!! Yesterday my hubby and I were at the mall and there was this woman with her daughter in a stroller and she got on the escalator to go down and the girl got out of the stroller and jumped on the escalator. She had to be about 6 I was like WTF!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Why do you care? Is it any of your business? Is it harming your child? You all must either have perfect kids and be perfect parents or you just have too much time on your hands to worry about this kind of thing.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009