Mucos plug and stripping membranes..

I had my membranes stripped yesterday and had some bloody show last night and this morning. Though I am not having any contractions. Is the bloody show just a side effect of the stripping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had my membranes stripped without knowing it. the nurse practitioner was checking me and said that over the next few days i might lose my mucus plug and i later realized that this meant she had stripped my membranes! i don't think she should have done that without telling me about it first, but anywho...

she told me i might lose my mucus plug afterwards, and i did over the next few days, and then i went into labor about 4 days later and had my son at 41 weeks. gl! how many weeks are you?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• 38. I have been losing my plug for a few weeks now and this is the first time its been bloody. With my second I lost my plug over weeks, was in labor for two days and didnt have bloody show until the morning I had him.. But I had already been in labor so Im not sure how it all works "prelabor"..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2009