What do you love about fall?

I love the cooler days and that my kids are at school so I have my own time! High schoolers rule our house.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Halloween. and its nice to have the cool weather that it brings nice breezes, no snow, just the right temp. the coldest it gets here is 60.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I love to make hot chocolate and relax with the kids and some fresh baked cookies at nighttime and talk about our day

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• This is our first cool morning of the year. Crazy temp drop means fall hit fast this year. I love that I don't have to have the air conditioning running 24/7, that I can enjoy fresh air again and be outside, and that my favorite hot tea (autumn spice) is good again. This is the kind of weather that puts me in the mood for decorating for Halloween :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Being able to use my oven whenever I want and not having to worry about heating up the house. Baking, in general. Homemade soups. Cooking without sweating. Not having to shave my legs as often because I wear pants all the time. Getting my down comforter out. Snuggling with my babies to keep warm. Being able to have the windows open & get some fresh air through the house without frying. Oh yeah - school too for my older kids!

(I have just as many dislikes about fall...but these are my loves).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• For a second I'm glad the holidays are around the corner then I remember what a pain certain relatives can be about visiting. Decorating the house, for the first time our very own home, for the holidays. Using my quilt that my mom made for me, snuggling under it with my precious babies. The fact that the days are cooler so we don't either have to roast or use the a/c so much. I can bake and not have a sweltering house and I can make stews, chili and roast in my crockpot. DH doesn't like those things at all unless it's winter. Can't blame though.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i live by an orchard - so the apple picking festival, going to local farms to get pumpkins and gords, trick or treating, "sweater weather" it is my favorite season.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Everything. I live in NW OH and it is a beautiful time of year in our area. Apples, pumpkins, gourds, mums. I love decorating the porch for fall. I also love Thanks Giving. The family and food and a roaring fire. What is not to love about fall?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Everything..Plus being able to wear a hoodie instead of short sleeved shirts.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I love picking apples with my daughter and teaching her how to measure and bake.

I love smell of the fall rain on the fallen leaves.

I love raking the leaves and watching my daughter jump into them with a huge smile on her face that lights up the world.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 12:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I love all the colors of the leaves. Fall is such pretty colors love it
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 1:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009