What exactly are your boundaries with a soon to be step-daughter?

i have 2 girls im helping my boyfriend raise. he has joint custody but we have them more than the mother does...at times she becomes crappy and wants to complain about something. its like shes in competition with me over her own girls. i am a mother of 2 boys but i treat and love the girls the same..i am not trying to be there mother, she really makes me mad. i want to continue to grow closer to the girls, i feel i am lucky because im not the mom and i can have more fun with them, and they trust me because im not mom or dad...so im rambling on please give me some advice...

mrscanterbury

Asked by mrscanterbury at 11:25 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Mmm, let the mom talk about things like life changes. I get really mad when my ex's wife teaches my kid about things she's not ready for. Period, at 7, really? But then again they only are her maybe once a month, maybe twice.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2009