How do I know I am pregnant???

Here it is, I purposely skipped my period with the pill at the end of July. I dontinued on my pack of Loestrin FE 28. I always have my periods at the end of the month. Then the end of August rolls around and a couple drops come out and a lot of discharge, not even enough blood for a tampon. I called my sister and stopped taking the pill thinking I was pregnant. I took a test, negative. I went the whole month of September with no birth control. Took a test again on monday and still negative. I also have endometriosis (had surgery for uteran suspension and removed my appendix in 2006) and my boyfriend and I have been in a stable relationship for 6 years and we never use protection. He "pulls out" 95% of the time but the other 5% he gets lazy. My question is, could I be pregnant and what should I do next???? I need some advice. I am really scared.....

seriouslyscared

Asked by seriouslyscared at 11:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u know we r going 2 tell you 2 take the test so go take the test
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• and go to the dr.... there's no way we can tell you for sure one way or the other. If you were on a pill that made you not have a period, then it's possible that it's just your body's reaction, if you don't like it switch bc methods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• take a pregnancy test. dollar store has them for a dollar.. yes they do work.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I am really scared.....

Why you knew what you were doing DUH take another test or go to the Doc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i did that skipping the period thing once when i was on the pill and it messed my cycle up. take a test with the first urine of the day. if it's negative and you're still worried go get a blood test done at the gyno.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• please read the whole question thoroughly before making stupid comments. if you have read it you will see that she has already taken two home pregnancy tests and came out negative. She has set a doctors appointment, but right now she needs assurance from other moms, not stupid answers telling her what she already knows and already did. If you read you see she is scared. Now please dont post stupid answers. give her something that will help her. If you have gone through what she is going through let her know and let her know what you u did and what she needs to do. You are making her sound stupid, which she is not. Now, seriouslyscared, you have already taken two pregnancy test which came out negative. There is false negatives, your hormone levels may not be high enough or other numerous reasons. stick with your doctors apointment and make him do a blood test and a synogram to determine if you are or not. Good Luck!
    Arleblanc

Answer by Arleblanc at 12:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Well, I don't think you're pregnant for the month where you skipped the placebo pills so you wouldn't get your period. I think NOT getting your period the next time around was because your body was off a little from the change in how you were taking the pills.

However, if I read correctly, you went the whole month of September without birth control. In THAT case, I'd say it's possible that you could have gotten in September sometime, but it may still be too early to test. If you didn't ovulate until, say, September 19th, you'd only be 11 days past ovulation now, possibly too soon to test.

When is your doctor's appointment? If you don't have one set up yet, I'd go ahead and do so.

Getting pregnant soon after stopping birth control can sometimes take time, or sometimes happen right away. With endo, it may be harder to get pregnant. Pulling out, as I'm sure you know and have heard from others, is only somewhat effective.
    caphillmom603

Answer by caphillmom603 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My appointment is tomorrow at 2:00 pm. My biggest thing is that I am 25 and my boyfriend and I party and drink and if I am, I don't want to risk hurting it. I am just so nervous that I can't stop thinking about it and what I am going to do. My boyfriend is great and he would love this but I am just too young still.... Thank you so much for the advice. This is my first time for anything like this and since i was 13 I have NEVER missed my period except when I was on the 3 month birth control about 4 years ago and when I took the shot therapy for the endo around the same time. Other than that, I seriously have never missed and even with the endo I have always had my period around the same time every month. Always, at the end.... Thanks so much for the answers and support. My boyfriend and I are living together but not married yet and I wanted to do it right but I really should be lucky if I am because of the endo....
    seriouslyscared

Answer by seriouslyscared at 1:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Just keep your appt. and get checked out. There's absolutely NOTHING you can do at this point. if you didn't want a baby you shouldn't have stopped your birth control. We can all hope you're not, but if you are oh well. You should have thought about that before hand.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009