How do you play with a 5 month old???

Im a new mom and everyone is telling me to play with my baby and read to her. IDK if its just me but idk how to really play with my DD. What games do you play with your babies???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• peek-a-boo, sing her song, snuggle her that's what I do with my little ones
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:38 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Move her little arms and legs around. Show her things when you carry her. Talk to her. Reading doesn't matter.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:40 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I read to my dd since we brought her home from the hospital. I sang all kinds of songs. Played peek a boo. Show her little toys and and rattles. DIfferent things with lights and sounds amaze them at that age. At that age she should also be getting lots of belly time. Tickling, all of those things are playing. Im sure you're doing fine.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• baby massage is very good for bonding and helps stimulate baby. you can do baby exercise too. i agree with the other posts too, this is just more ideas for you to bond with baby and help her grow.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I used to put my lo's on a nice clean blanket on the floor and give them "tummy time" it helped them to strengthen the muscles in their neck and back. I would put some little toys in front of them or stuffed animals. They seemed to like it and sometimes I would lay on my tummy infront of them. Gosh, you forget how much fun they were!!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 12:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• thank you so much ladies!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I read to my son, sing to him, we have the your baby can read DVDs and i watch them with him and tell him what all the things are. I also tickle him, snuggle him. Give him lots of tummy time(which really worked he was crawling @ 5 1/2 months). Play with his toys with him.

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2009