I really need your honest advice!

Okay long story short...I dated a guy for 7 years, only reason we broke up is he didn't want to get married and I did. Well after we broke up I got pregnant by someone else (he is not in my or my childs life anymore). Anywho, right after I had my baby me and my ex of 7 years started messing around. We basically were acting like we were together again. But when I brought it up, he kinda shyed away for a while. We are messing around and acting like we are together again, but I dunno what to do. I love the guy with all my heart, never have loved anyone else this way. But I'm afraid its just a sex thing for him. How do I handle this without making him run away again? Or maybe I need advice on how to just not do it and get over the feelings I have for him? How do I make myself stop loving him SO much??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Look, if you want more than he does don't keep playing those games,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• He is using you as a friend with benefits...He has no intention of committing. Either shelf your desire to marry and know that he will only be there until the next piece of tail comes along or you need to move on. You deserve someone who wants to marry you of their own free will. You need to stop all contact with him. The less you see and talk to him, the less your feelings will be. BUT if you keep giving in everytime he comes around, you will never let go enough to find the person that WANTS to be with you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think you should ask him to be honest with you and where he sees this "relationship" going. You have a child now and you want to know if you and the baby are in his future. If not, leave him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If you want to marry and he does not. And You can't just let yourself live with him unmarried. Ask him the question again about marriage.

About the getting over him part. It just takes time. Stay away from him when you do break it off with him. Do not let him come over.

Answer by louise2 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Find a man that wants to marry you and that treats you great!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I agree, the fear of "losing" him should not trump your need to have a stable relationship. The sooner you two figure out where this is going the better. If he did not want to get married, maybe he also does not want to have kids and if that is the case-there is no future for you two. Get that conversation going ASAP because if its not going to work out, the sooner you start getting over him the better!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• He is using you for sex. It's not deep emotional love for you. You are just a body for him and giving it to him at no expense is an ideal situation for him. Believe me is not going to change. You should move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• HIS A PLAYER AND HE IS GETTING HIS CAKE AND EATING IT TO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• agree with gailll
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• IF HE RAN FROM GETTING MARRIED THEN HE'LL RUN AWAY AGAIN HE IS IN NO WAY READY FOR A COMMITMENT WITH ANYONE BUT HIMSELF 7 YRS HE DIDN'T MARRY YOU HONEY RUN FOR THE BORDER HE IS ONLY IN IT FOR WHAT HE CAN GET AND AS LONG AS YOU GIVE IN HE WINS
    DAFAB4MOMMA

Answer by DAFAB4MOMMA at 1:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009