Hey moms? With cold,flu season here - what's best way to sneeze if no tissue to less germ spread? Recently on

tv a doctor said sneezing on one's upper arm, when there's no tissue, best lessens spread if resp. germs. But what if someone shortly afterwards gives you a hug hello or bumps into you in a crowded place?

I think its' best without a tissue available to bend n sneeze - fast waist bend the sneeze on the floor as quietly and delicately as possible. Wouldn't that lessen flying nose germs so that hands and face wouldn't get hit?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 11:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• If I bent over to sneeze I would probably wet my pants... oh the joys of getting older! My guess is your method allows the germs to spread into the air rather than being trapped in your clothing.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I agree with sneezing toward the floor.

If you are sick stay home. If your kids are sick keep them home.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Why can't you just be more cautions and wash your hands as much as possible and keep tissues on you AT ALL TIMES.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• hi anon1100 - op here. washing hands in a rest room two floors up from a sneeze or 8 doors away from a sneeze does not decrease its' intensity of bacteria immediately clearly. Don't know any person alive in half a century of life who hasn't at times run out of tissue sick or not sick. Sneezes come when sick and when not.

Question refers to the unfortunate random times of no tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. available.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2009