bug bites

My daughter gets bug bites all over everytime she is outside in the fall. Does anyone else have this problem? She is very itchy all the time and is having a hard time sleeping at night. I give her benedryl and put cortizone cream on her about 3 times a day. This is so horrible I hate to let her outside and I hate to make her stay in the house. We just don't know what to do or what is bitting her. The doctors just shrug it off and say oh it's just bug bites.

tinaaly

Asked by tinaaly at 12:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My bet is fleas.

It's a surprise to most people, but fleas live in grass --not on dogs and cats. So you don't have to be near any pets, or even indoors, to get bitten by fleas.

Have you tried Deet? For kids, it's a good idea to put it on clothing, as it is absorbed through skin, but it really does work to repel bugs.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yeah I also use off on her when she goes outside. I just feel somewhat wary of putting it on her. It's a chemical and i don't want to harm her.
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 12:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2009