I am 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I have been experiencing cramping and short pains in my lower abdomin for about 2 weeks now. I also have had lower back aches for about a week. I have already been to the doctor and had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and we heard and saw the heartbeat and everything was great. Is it normal to have these symptoms?

Hannah14

Asked by Hannah14 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cramps and backaches sound normal to me. i had backaches straight through my first pregnancy. i'm 11 weeks and i'm cramping and having backaches even as i write. i think you're okay.
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 12:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I know that when I was pregnant, I had cramps and backaches. Alot like when you are on your period. It is your uterus growing. The pains werent sharp or anything though. If you are having sharp or bad pains, I would call my doctor.
    JennaWood

Answer by JennaWood at 12:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Unless it is accompanied by bleeding or spotting, then yes, it's normal.
    caphillmom603

Answer by caphillmom603 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Your fine,hun. Unless you have bleeding and those cramps become severs everything is fine.
    armanaqueen630

Answer by armanaqueen630 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My sister had this same problem. Her doctor told her to quit eating Dairy Products. And sure enough she hasn't had any more sideaches/backaches. So you might try that.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 10:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2009