New to this group...and very scared

Hi everyone,

I have recently joined the group and have been reading your questions and answers. Thanks so much - it's making me feel better.

Here's my situation. I came of of BC the first week in February. I then had cycles of 24, 26, 27, 28, 28, 46, and last month 31 days. So we've been TTC for almost 8 months. I THOUGHT I was getting a period as it would last for at least 4 days, but toward the end there would be dark brown spots. Anyway, I just got a 21 day progesterone test that revealed a REALLY low level. My OB wants to start me on Provera if I don't get my period by 30 days. I"m 32, 5'1" and 115lbs, so I don't suspect PCOS, but now I'm driving myself insane thinking I have Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, endometriosis, etc. I don't know if we're "jumping the gun" with the Provera, but I don't want to prolong anything. Any advice would help. I can't seem to stop crying since I got the results back! :-( Thanks.

jen2100

Asked by jen2100 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'd give the progesterone a try. If you have low progesterone, that could easily be the reason you're not getting pregnant (and a fairly simple fix.) Give it a shot before you start worrying about some of the other things it could be.

Good luck - keep us updated!
    caphillmom603

Answer by caphillmom603 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I suffered from ovarian cysts for years, even had some surgery. I changed my diet to gluten-free and got pregnant right away.

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

Here is what I ate pre-pregnancy and during.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I too had irregular periods and took provera, The first time I got my period on the day I took the 10th pill, the next month AF was a no show and BFN so I took provera again but after 10 days no af, I called the docs and they told me it could take 2wks for af to show...2wks later still no af so I took and hpt and got my BFP!! Good Luck, I hope you get a BFP soon!
    daralynn

Answer by daralynn at 2:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2009