Do Birthmothers Belong on Cafemom?

Do you think that women who place children for adoption belong on Cafemom? I speak of private/agency infant adoption, not foster care adoptions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well yeah, that's why they have a category for Adoption.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yes, if we didn't allow them then why would we allow those who don't have any living children, or those that have only had miscariges? They belong here just as much as the next mom. You carried a child or you have chosen to raise another woman's child. How ever you came to be and are a mother. Who's to say they wouldn't have another child that they would keep?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OP here, I was only wondering, not that I actually felt that way. But I have heard from some women that if you give up your child, you are no longer a mother and have no place on CM unless you have other children you raise.

Personally, I feel that if you carried that baby, loved that baby and made the choice to try to give that baby what you think you cannot (whether it is the right choice or not, everyone is different), then it makes you a mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think in many ways their experiences help us see the sides of things we never thought about so not only do I think they should be on here, I think they enrich us with their feelings/thoughts on the matter.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Everyone has a right to be up here.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If they have other children...sure.

If they gave up their child to adoption then they really have no reason to be here among women who are raising children, ttc children,etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Wow, last Anon, that's harsh.

Then we could say that those who are TTC have no business being here as well, since after all, they are not raising children and have no reason to be among those who are raising children.

They are still mothers.....and they have as much right to be here as you or I.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009