How do I keep my "light sleeper" asleep at night?

My one year old son has basically slept thru the night since 4 months old. Recently, he's been waking up at night whenever my husband or I gets up to go to the bathroom- probably because we live in an old house with squeaky wood floors and creaky doors. Lately I've been leaving a noise machine on in his room all night, but don't want him to get accustomed to that. Any ideas?

vixenmama

Asked by vixenmama at 12:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Whats wrong with the noise machine? Especially if you have creaky floors?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I'm all about using white noise - we have an air filter running in my ds's room. He may eventually grow out of it. Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I have a loud! fan in my son's room - we've never been able to even peek on him sleeping cause us turning the door handles would wake him - and we were loud when he was a baby. Light sleeper like his dad. but I plan to keep the fan in there forever. I don't think its bad for him to get accusomed to that.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• What's wrong with a white noise machine? Mine has had one in his room since he was born, and I have no intention of taking it out any time soon... Hell, I used to have one in my own room too!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2009