My 16 month old..

I just want to share a quick story, my little one is just growing up SO fast, and learning so quickly. I am so blessed to have a smart little girl. She says stuff like, "What's that?" and, "I love you." She is counting to three, and saying all sorts of colors (without recognizing most of them, but still). She is trying to dress herself, and while it isn't totally successful, it is adorable. She is basically totally day time potty trained, and is just learning new things every single day. I am SO proud of her, I am so happy to be her mom!

I want to hear about your little ones, too!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL AMsMommy, don't feel bad, they all develop at their own speed!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My dd is 22 mos and she is perfect in every way!! The most adorable little girl I've EVER seen! :) She names her colors shapes, counts to 3 as well and knows half her alphabet (in no perfet order, she just points out letters in words). She just started talking in 2-3 word sentences this week and she actually started talking when she was 19 mos. With her daddy deployed she missed a lot of seeing conversations and such. But she is the friendliest little girl ever.... always shares and hugs! I'm such a lucky mommy ... can't wait til daddy gets to se her finally after 15 mos!!!!!!

Your little girl sounds very smart! Very good on the potty too! DD isn't quite ready and we are going to wait until daddy gets back so the adjustment is much easier without the fallbacks.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Dang.. my 19 month old says "what's This" but other than that, your's is WAY ahead of him!! He is terrified of the potty, and he likes to try and get dressed but mostly he just puts my panties over his head LMAO!!
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My son is 22 months, has NO Interest in the potty but is talking up a storm, doesn't ask me questions but tells me what everything is and BOY is he STUBBORN - its hard to imagine someone that little can have this big of a personality but he knows all his body parts - 10 colors, about 10 animals when he see's them - I'm working on numbers but I guess he thinks 1 is a cool sound cause he just says 1 over and over lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My DD is also 16 months, no intrest in the potty.... but so smart and sweet. She also says "whats that" she says "whos that" and "where are you" she knows almost all of the amimal sounds ( all common animals) is signing almost all that she says, knows and recogonizes most shapes, as for dressing her self its putting panites over her head as well ;)..... her daddy passed away when i was 6 weeks preggers :( I know he is up there looking down on her every day!
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 8:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009