I need an energy boost people!

I'm about six weeks pregnant and the fatigue is really starting to creep up on me along with some mild morning sickness. I'm the sole breadwinner at the moment because the hubs has slow work right now with nothing coming in and he's currently calling around about a Job but no one is hiring yet because they have to hire back all their laid off workers first. Sooo... I've been not very productive since last week and it's showing on my bank account. I just read a report saying that they finally did a controlled study on caffeine during pregnancy, and it causes an increase in miscarriage. I've had a miscarriage before, so I've opted to stay away from it as much as I can. Problem is...without my coffee, I can hardly focus enough to get anything done! And with a baby coming, I need to work more than ever to save money for the stuff I need to buy. What are safe ways to boost energy and clarity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• calcium vitamin C pills B 12 pills which is dissolveable isnt that bad tasting either! try both it will help... what about only drinking water and taking a small walk each day?
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OP- I have been drinking nothing but water. I haven't started walking yet because I'm a little paranoid that it will cause strain and bring on a miscarriage. I know it's silly, and I have no reason to think this pregnancy isn't healthy...so maybe I will start walking again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• There are these wonderful vitamin drink mixes called "Emergen-C" that have B vitamins and really boost you. NO Caffeine! Have one in the morning instead of your coffee. It'll give you the folic acid baby needs anyway. Drink a lot of water throughout the day.

Eat fewer carbs and more proteins and veggies. That will help with energy. Also, you need to go to bed early. Seriously. Get in bed. Make stay-home hubby cook for you.

Keep snacks in your purse. Almonds are perfect.

You can also drink raspberry leaf tea to strengthen your uterus. It is caffeine free and good for your stomach muscles. The placebo effect of a hot beverage might wake you up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2009