Does anyone else feel this way?

I told my hubby i want to lose at least 20 lbs before i get pregnant.. i am 153 now and want to be around 133. it would be nice.. Who else wants to be little before they get pregnant? i just want to be able to lose the weight faster, less prone to strecth marks and all..

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• FYI, if you're going to get stretch marks, loosing weight won't change that. BUT It sounds like a good idea. Is it just for the look of it or is there a health factor that is making you want to do this also?
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i want to feel better when i wake up.. im not fat or anything, not for the look.... it would be nice to have hard rock abbs but that isnt going to come over night lol. i just want to be slimmer and wake up feeling refreshed like a day of working out.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Well I am finished poppin babies, but yes I remember this when I was preg with #2. I was glad I had lost weight after the fact.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I ABSOLUTELY want to lose weight before my next pregnancy. Since I had my DD (16 months) all I have done is gain weight. I told my SO that I won't start trying for another one until I am healthier, which is way more important to me than just feeling better. I mean, don't get me wrong, that is a GREAT reason to lose weight, but I am more worried about getting gestational diabetes, etc. than just feeling good. . And just a thought, I hope it doesn't effect you getting pregnant.. you should talk to your doc first. .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It's a good idea to get healthy before you decide to carry a baby. I think you are right in feeling this way.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I was little before I got pregnant, both times. I am little again, after. I have miles of stretch marks. If the skin isn't already stretched, pregnancy destroys it. Good luck on your weight loss though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA! HECK YOUR BODY YOUR DECSION!

I'd even support your decision to work out and be healthy throughout pregnancy as well. lots of walking and lots of fluids. the walking/running will help with labor later on and you will be very thankful..

i was..
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009