Has anyone heard of estrogen loss?

Hubby and I had sex in August, and ever since I have had pressure and pain.
Doctor said it was a loss of estrogen. I was prescribed Premarin cream. Couldn't get it though, way too expensive. Does anyone know of any alternatives.

BluDuv

Asked by BluDuv at 12:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

• Yes there is an alternative. Its called Premarin. Its a hormone replacement pill that helps with the loss of estrogen. Its not an uncommon problem to have. Most woman after a certain age have loss of estrogen and what you experienced is one of the effects the loss. Talk to your doctor about getting the pill, I take it but also must take another pill with it due to the fact that I have not stopped monthly cycles yet. Take to you doctor and see what they say.

lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 1:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Premarin stands for PREnant MAre urINe. Gross.

Eat at least one serving of good soy (like tofu or edamame) every day. Take Black Cohosh (you can find it at a healthfood store or natural food store.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You can take the pill instead I have to take it because the Depo Shot cause me a major or hormonal imbalance

DACIA79

Answer by DACIA79 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010