Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone heard of estrogen loss?

Hubby and I had sex in August, and ever since I have had pressure and pain.
Doctor said it was a loss of estrogen. I was prescribed Premarin cream. Couldn't get it though, way too expensive. Does anyone know of any alternatives.

Answer Question

Asked by BluDuv at 12:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Yes there is an alternative. Its called Premarin. Its a hormone replacement pill that helps with the loss of estrogen. Its not an uncommon problem to have. Most woman after a certain age have loss of estrogen and what you experienced is one of the effects the loss. Talk to your doctor about getting the pill, I take it but also must take another pill with it due to the fact that I have not stopped monthly cycles yet. Take to you doctor and see what they say.


    Answer by lbranta at 1:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • Premarin stands for PREnant MAre urINe. Gross.

    Eat at least one serving of good soy (like tofu or edamame) every day. Take Black Cohosh (you can find it at a healthfood store or natural food store.

    Answer by rkoloms at 2:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • You can take the pill instead I have to take it because the Depo Shot cause me a major or hormonal imbalance


    Answer by DACIA79 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.