What do you think about a man who tells his mom of marital problems with SO?

I found out that hubby tells his mom of our probs. What do you think of that? Should I be upset?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I tell my mom all of our problems, and he gets pissed that I do, but its life, I need someone to talk to when he is an ass, maybe that is how he feels. Sorry I don't mean that to be rude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• As long as she doesn't interfere...He could be talking to worse people about it...I also talk to my mom to vent about my husband and if he talked to his mom, I'd be ok with that.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Mama's boy. I'm sorry but typically telling mommy, either of you, is not a good idea. It would take a special woman not to hold a grudge at least, not to mention not to interfere. I have been down this road with my DH and it leads to trouble. On both sides.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i agree with jademom...as long as mom doesnt try to step in and try to play referee or something...if has a close relationship where they share i lot i think thats cool
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 1:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Really problems within marriage should be kept private only because the parents will have ill feeling towards the SIL/DIL after the couple has made up. The parents don't forget these things. They will view them differently every time arguments happens and so will the SO feel as though husband/wife is tattling to them like a child. 

Be adults and work it within yourselves or seek outside professional counseling.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING MINES TELLS HIS MOM HIS VERSION LEAVES OUT MINES OR WHY I'M PISSED WITH HIM TALKS BAD ABOUT ME TO HIS FRIENDS JUST FOUND OUT HE TOLD HIS CO WORKERS I'M A UNGRATEFUL B BECAUSE WHEN HE MET ME I WAS LIVING IN A UNFURNISHED HOUSE SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR AND HE BOUGHT EVERYTHING LMAO SO I KEEP RECIEPTS AND TAPE RECORDERS
    DAFAB4MOMMA

Answer by DAFAB4MOMMA at 1:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• he needs someone to talk to, but maybe he shouldnt be making you look bad to his mother. He needs to find someone else to talk to.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I talk with my mom, but she is very respectful of our relationship, and she NEVER butts in. EVER. But he doesnt talk to his mom, he talks to me. If there is a problem, he always comes to me about it.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Neither of you should talk to your parents about marital problems. No matter how well they handle it, it's going to affect the way they view your spouse....especially if you and your parents are very close... it's only natural for parents to feel protective of their kids. How is your spouse supposed to develop a good and lasting relationship with your parents if they hear things he/she does that hurt or upset you? Even talking to friends can be a bad idea, although much better than parents.

No, he should be helping you to build a relationship with his mother, not undermining it, whether she interferes or not!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• MAMA'S BOY!

but at least he is talking it over with someone he can trust. would you feel better that he talks about it with his mother? or another woman?
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2009