Have you got your membranes stripped?

ok so Im 38 weeks Im getting induced on oct 8th if I dont have her before IM 80% thinned out and 2cm dialated my dr stripped my membranes today she says she thinks I will go into labor by this weekend so what do you ladies think Have had it done how soon did make u go in to labor? thanks ladies...

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my membranes stripped and a whole lotta nothing happened. I was induced and had my daughter 8 days after her due date. I think I tried everything to get her to come! I was also thinned out and dialated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't know a lot about this personally.

From what I've read, if you're body isn't ready to go into labor, this won't help. But if you're already starting to progress, it may speed things along.

Here are some more answers to this question on babycenter.
    http://www.babycenter.com/400_did-striping-the-membranes-help-induce-labor_915195_165196763345.bc
    caphillmom603

Answer by caphillmom603 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yes. it didn't start my labor. but my friends labor started the night after she had hers stropped.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 2:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It just broke my water, Didn't start my labor. Result C-SECTION. BAD BAD BAD idea. Normal for a first baby is 41 weeks and 1 day. Your doctor stripped you membranes because she doesn't want to work over the weekend. She is hoping to get you delivered tomorrow or Friday. Good luck Honey. You should have asked before you consented to this unneccessary procedure. Now walk and have sex to insure your success. And research c-section and Cascade effect and Pit to distress. and don't go to the hospital until you can't walk through a contraction. Once they get you laying on your back like a turtle you are in big trouble.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Is this your 4th baby? You should be an expert by now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009