How much taxes did you get for you children?

I got only 1200 for my daughter last year now that I have two I am going to claim him. I am hoping to get more because I am in debt. One of my friends got 8,000 for his two kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no he got 8000 for his two kids plus other things he overpaid. It depends on your income and situation I think. Roughly its about 1000 per child I believe.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I think my hubby got $1,500 for our daughter.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• What are you talking about?
    toastmama

Answer by toastmama at 1:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My children are all grown so, nothing for them on our refunds. We actually don't get back that much, maybe $1200 max.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You get a child tax credit of $1000 per child. But with some resstrictions - you generally have to pay tax - or earn income. You also get an extra personal exemption - which would save taxes- if you pay any in the 1st place.
    toastmama

Answer by toastmama at 1:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We get the 1k. Since we usually owe the 1k lessens that a bit and last year we got back 10 bucks. The lower the income and less taxes you paid in it seems you get more back. My sister paid in almost nothing but she got 10k back at tax time. She blew it all and now is broke once again. I am sure she will do the same next year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• now we all know who is having kids for tax purposes! lmao jkn
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• we got $3000 for each child. but my hubby is the only one working, and he doesnt have the best job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• None...our youngest is older than the new age limit that was set. :(
    Our granddaughter was born in Feb. this year and we are raising her so we will claim her on this year's taxes.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• everyone's going through hard financial times. just hang in there and keep your head up eventually something great will happen!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009