Why do the kids always nap...

On the days I manage to work up a bit of energy?? Or they seem to wait until after I have downed a coke or coffee to zonk out! :P Does this happen to anyone else?? LOL

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 1:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, I make my kids lay down every day for a nap so it doesn't matter if I get that extra burst of energy or what have you, I make my kids lay down, I don't care if my oldest sleeps or not as long as she lays there for a while to rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I know what you mean! I was laying on the couch with a headache, took an aspirin, about to shut my eyes......then heard my little one waking up! UGH!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• lol anon- ME TOO! But that doesn't always keep em down and it certainly doesn't allot me time to nap. I am not sleeping myself unless I know they are o u t OUT lol.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 1:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• mamaada- I have three under three and I can NEVER get them down at once. They few days it happens it seems like I have some weird energy force preventing my own nap :P Or maybe like you, I just know someone will be up as soon as I do sit down lol
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 1:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• 3 kids under 3? oh man... I don't know how some of you mommies do it- I have a 22 month old and either he's the hardest child on the planet or....well, that could be it..lol!! I STILL nap when he naps cause he wears me out - we are on the go all the time - even the neighbors laugh at us cause we are always outside at the park, on a walk, around the block, back home etc..lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Oh dear maxsmom! I totally understand. Sometimes go go going is the only way I stay wake lol. It's good that you are so active with your lo :) Really good for them to be moving so much at that age. And they sleep better like that too ;)
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i have a 1 and 2 year old, and they take a nap at the same time. but on the days i'm super tired and would love to nap with them, is the day they decide to take shorter naps than normal. ugh. they normally sleep for about 3-4 hours, but like this week i've just been so tired and this is the week they both want to take only 1 hour naps. WTH is that about???
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• LOL

This morning, I was so tired (didn't fall asleep till 3 in the morning, and had to wake up by 7:30am). So I put my dd down for her morning nap on time (9:45am). 30 minutes later, she's crying!! She pooped her diaper, and after I changed it, she was no longer in a napping mood. I put her in her crib anyway, just so she could at least rest, but she cried the whole time. There went MY nice morning nap! :-(
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2009